Friday, August 27

Blessed

Every good and perfect gift comes from You, Lord.
Isn't God glorious? (Taken in '05 in Costa Blanca, Spain)


A few weeks ago, when I was spared an extremely pre-term birth, and thereafter doomed to bed-rest, I really thought that this was my time to suffer for the Lord. Of all the joy and happiness of the previous year, I had just figured that God was now bringing me to a place of trial to lead my heart closer to His through suffering. So, I have been preparing myself to spend some time in this "vale of tears" as is the Lord's will for me right now.

Surprisingly enough, instead of darkness, this week has brought nothing but the light and love of Christ to me. On Monday, a dear friend of mine abandoned her plans for the day (including her baby's nap schedule!) to come over and help me with John Paul all morning. On Tuesday, we had a friend of the family bring over a delicious and healthy home-cooked meal, which was the start of a whole weekly schedule of friends and family that have volunteered to cook for us over the next three months. I've had thoughtful packages from out-of-state friends that have sent coloring books and activities for JP, word-search books, compilation CD's, magazines and even chocolate. I've received emails from people that I've only just met a handful of times that are assuring me of their thoughts and prayers for us. Just today, I received a hand-made card and intriguing book on The Apostolate of Holy Motherhood from a woman from our church. Between my mother-in-law and my sister, John Paul has been going to the park, the YMCA, and swimming in his pool... they have also been taking on our dishes, laundry and other household chores. Thanks to my mom in California, John Paul has a collection of new books and DVD's to watch, and Paul and I are thoroughly enjoying our NetFlicks subscription.
At a time when I thought I should be suffering and enduring the hardship of temporary disability, I been so unbelievably blessed! I had no idea that the Lord wanted to bless me in this way, as I know all of these gifts come from Him.

The one challenge that I've found in all of this is that I can't do much for the people that have done so much for me already. The one thing that I can do, and probably truly the greatest thing that I can do, is direct my prayers for the intentions of others. I have started a collection of prayer intentions from those who are serving our family at this time and I am looking forward to adding to my list. Please let me know (janellmvogrinc@gmail.com) if there are any specific things that I can pray for at this time.

For every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise You.


Thank you, everyone, and thank you, Lord, for surprising me with Your Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment