Thursday, August 12

26 weeks...10 more to go!

John Paul meets a goat at the Boone County Fair
Today marks 26 weeks for Leo and I! That means we have 10 more weeks to go until our goal of 36 weeks. Wow, that still sounds like a long time.

Yesterday was our weekly doctor visit. It is my only approved "public" outing so Paul and I usually make a detour on our way home... last week it was Starbucks, this week it was Beef-A-Roo, a favorite Rockford burger joint. Of course, we must use the drive-through, and I consume my treat fully reclined in the passenger seat. But nonetheless, it is an exciting event. Our appointment went well, as we gave a status update to the doctor (no news=good news) and listened to Leo's heartbeat. Ah, such a beautiful sound.

Paul and John Paul have been having fun together this week while our family from North Carolina is in town. Some of the fun includes: constructing a giant slip-n-slide in my in-law's backyard, going to the Boone County Fair, having a hearty water balloon fight, and going bowling. It's no secret that the slip-n-slide and water balloons are great reminders that having little children around give you reason to do things that are awesome, but otherwise unacceptable for adults. This is something that my husband loves about fatherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment