Saturday, October 23

His Love Is Strong (in Paul's words @ 36 weeks)

Janell is a tough act to follow. I have never been known for, nor complimented on my writing skills. In fact, my teachers have always said quite the opposite. My excuse for getting a "D" in French class was, "How can you expect me to learn a second language when I still can't figure out the first one?" Though, I thought it was a great excuse in high school, my teacher did not. So, here I am, the boy that didn't start talking until he was four years old, trying to be articulate on his wife's blog.

Push my lack of qualification aside; I do have something to say. Praise God! Not in a cliché sort of way, but really, "Praise God." The same God that led Israel out of Egypt has led us out of this time of trial. The same God that healed the blind man has healed our little boy, Leo. And for this, I praise God.

My good friend, Pete Burds, has continually been reminding me the last few months that God's love is strong. I have heard this phrase a million times in my life, but for some reason, that verse has been my theme the last three months. His love is not a weak or delicate love. His love is strong, and, as it says in Job: "it does not relent." His love is stronger than our fear of the present and the future. His love is stronger than our plans, and stronger than our unfaithfulness. And quite literally, his love is stronger than the grave.

Today is a big day. This is the day we marked three months ago as the beginning of 36 weeks. While still pre-term, Leo would not be considered a pre-mature baby. His lungs are most likely strong enough to breathe on his own, and to be able to come home with us, that is, if he were born after today. 

It is quite hard to express my gratitude towards God and all those who have been there for us. Yet, today marks a pretty big day for Leo and all of his friends and serves as a reminder that "strong is His love for us." (Psalm 117)

1 comment:

  1. Paul, this has brought me to tears! PRAISE GOD! We are so happy that Leo is doing so well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete